Monday, March 31, 2014

Ryders Blues Sunday was a Monday

Ryders Blues Hedder

First to Greyhound. You wonder why your passenger volume is down? It’s because you make it so damn hard to get a ticket. First your help line is closed on Sunday, so no getting a booking card approved. Second even moderate ticket windows and terminals such as Ogden Utah’s is closed on Sunday, third if your going to farm reservation and bookings to a second party such as the 7-11 stores, first set up a printer and a better system. Such was yesterday. Went to pay CASH$ for a ticket at 7-11, but no paper work so couldn’t book there. My printer is in Idaho, so couldn’t use that, so thinking I could just wait until the 1:15 bus to come in, and buy a ticket through the driver, which your Mexican call center kid said I could, no bus. How about putting a sign in the window that reports arrival and delay times. Kind of like the airports have. But no, I have to sit there like a bump on a rock, in the wet and cold, catching a chill. Nope they can’t do that. Hey Greyhound fix these problems and you’ll have more people going Greyhound.

In between that went to breakfast at Karen’s Old West Café here in Ogden, one hot cake, coffee. Then in pouring rain hoofed over to the bus place and waited until 1:18 PM. There’s no reason for that. Granted having an inside open terminal there might be a stretch, but hey UTA passengers could use a warm place to wait too.  So then walked back home here readying myself to do that again today, with bone change the ticket counter will be open and too the terminal.

So on my way back home in the rain/snow mix, I had to poop/piss something fierce so strolled into this joint called the Summit on 24rth street. As I did so, first finding the public latrine was challenging, since there is a fish grill there, guess not open as well on Sunday. Of course dummy I thought, nothing is open on Sunday in Utah or at least Ogden, too many going to church. So went in the Summit, and did a full blown unload. Bet the person cleaning will remember. Then asked a gal at what looked as the front desk, if I could use the phone book, okay OLD phone book, but could I use the phone since my cell died? Nope. Which lends me to thinking, there are numerous mouse traps here that could be bettered. Example Karen’s Café, on Sunday, filled to the brink. Most likely church goers snagging breakfast after meeting. Even Karen’s old and I mean really old man was helping. In a city of 70,000 you would think that there’d be somewhere else in town with home cooked grub , near that bus depot, wouldn’t you? An idea is breeding. Just amazing. Even if you only opened on the weekends, for such rush’s you could make rent or building payments easily. Not talking Boar’s Nest, but maybe Boss Hogg’s Café ?

Next, and I’ll keep this brief , if your wondering why I am in such a tizzy over fetching Wolf-Pup, first it is Wolf-Pup, second and it really does not deserve the name, but General JaXson, Saturday, in the process of passing another car, snapped the retaining tensioning bolt broke. I might have not noticed this except no power steering. Fortunately the belt and all stayed in place and was three blocks from a Home Depot. After wrestling with the damn thing, and buying tools and bolts and nuts and all. Car still runs erratic, wont idle. So it sits. I am sure I can fix it all, but seems I’m going to be throwing a bunch of money in a real clunker. Talking to Charlie, get title, and junk it. Oh well, no more payments, if he wants to repo it, I say have at it.

Bottom line I need my trike as well. Working at restoring HCC deets, this evening.

TTYL

wynged sigNEW HCC WYNGZ


Quote of the Day:
When something can be read without effort, great effort has gone into its writing.
--Enrique Jardiel Poncela
Isaiah 53:5-6“But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
tail 1

No comments:

Post a Comment