Sunday, March 16, 2014

It’s a Sunday

dxewolvez at dawn

It’s Sunday, finally got through one radio run of HazzardAyre, through the use of a members connection, not ours. Amazing, and he’s only paying $60.00 a month. So I have determined a few things that is on the troubling department. While property values in Utah have fallen off a bit, to where getting a place at least in Metro Utah is less expensive, now that the Hollywood effect of those bumbled Winter Olympics that Utah really messed up on has dwindled, the population is kountry culturally deprived. First a clerk at a neighborhood MaveriK here, could not find my flavor of SKOAL, in the cabinet. When I could see it staring me right in the face. With that done at $7.50 a can, really? Is there a special sin tax here I’m not aware of? In Tweaker Flatts, it’s $6.50 but really? Reminds me of buying the same flavor of SKOAL in Beverly Hills California, in 1984 when I did my bit on the Dukes of Hazzard set and got lost one night. There it was $8.00 any myle. So then the other day, was at a local eat-em-up joint, bought a hot hamburger with taters and gravy, cost with iced tea? $12.00 , again really? Going to Denny's. So I was at this 12 buck eat-em-up joint in Ogden, and was having casual conversation, its décor is on the cowboy country thing, so I suggested having the one bare wall done in Confederate style, with the heroes of the great war. Talk about a cold look, but wait this get’s better, or worse from your point of view. But there is a big section dedicated to John Cash, I said why not have one there for Waylon? The gal had never heard of Waylon Jennings. Really? I mean the guy on his rise to fame lived and worked in Ogden and Salt Lake City for a time, don’t believe me, read his auto bio. Any myle, so I tried to connect the dots for these young ladies for now there was three involved and still mystified over the topic, and I said that Waylon sang the title theme for the Dukes-of-Hazzard. Dig this friends, the gals had never heard of the Dukes. This is Utah , Metro Utah, even then there was KSL running CBS TV and the Dukes was on there, there have been what now three Dukes movies, and two more now in production, but I can see this in Idaho where many have been living in caves, but metro Ogden Utah? And they ain’t seen the Dukes? Maybe there’s a reason, I’m here now after all, to educate, some of these city types on southern kountry smarts. I even had to explain to one of them, and don’t ask where the conversation started, but had to define what a steer was. Come on now friends. Ogden has that Golden Spike Arena here. with rodeos, horses and all and these people don’t know what a steer is. Then a few ago, me and a few Knytes scooted over to the OutLaw Saloon, yes the same place I got the tooth broke on old pretzels that caused me the final removal of said tooth in Idaho when I lived there in Goons Ferry in 2008.  So we went in, and this band was doing a bunch of Brooks & Dunn music. I requested, Boot Scootin Boogey , know what they didn’t know the song. How can you be a band doing kountry music doing B&D, and not know Boot Scootin Boogey? One of B&D’s top tunes? If you can’t do kountry, don’t do it. Fakes and phonies to the rear please.
Quote of the Day:
If it doesn't matter who wins, then how come they keep score?
--Vincent Lombardi

Colossians 3:12“Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.

hazzardayre radio logo

Any mile I’m getting foggy eyes, so I’ll close.

BTW, when I do get Comcast working it works good, but only getting 60 mbps down, and barely 18 going up, plus a latency failure, its called Comcast needs to check their systems and the one they sold me, but when it does connect it does good, not great, but good, about the same bhp as SpeedConnect.

TTYL

PAPPYS SIG HAZZARDAYRE RADIO WYNGS


Quote of the Day:
Error connecting to web service.
--

No comments:

Post a Comment