Thursday, March 27, 2014

AyreWolf FM is coming along with HazzardAyre or, be the Alpha Wolf ?

AYREWOLF'S JOURNAL

Over nyte I decided to do a cyber fly over to take a scan on one of the inspirations that was the base of our revised radio operation. Understand this was back in 2002-1/2 . At the time, I had modified my normal on air handle of AyreWolf to RodeWolf. However I had just discovered the 4 Corsairs at AirPower Unlimited in Jerome, the one half of the club, the AyreWolvez had just been created and while I was doing my gig every night on AFRN courtesy of HAFB’s link, the fact is the need to get aviation radio on the air became somewhat critical, at least historically critical . I discovered the need while conducting a field trip for an area grade school at HAFB’s Air Museum , when I decided during the talk I was giving to throw some 411 in on Marine and Navy aviation. When I unloaded about Pappy Boyington, few had ever heard of Pappy, much worse neither did those running the Museum, of course its Air Force here, but both branches are taught Pappy’s techniques. Any mile I thought its sad. What was getting frustrating was the fact that little information on the 214, or Pappy was online. For whatever the reason for that, I said there’s got to be a fix here.

Shortly after a small bunch of area Marine aviators here in the Davis/Weber County area of Utah and the AyreWolvez had just signed a lease for a cafĂ© bar up just on the city limits of Morgan Utah. The idea turn it into the real life Sheep’s Pen. So I was living in Layton, and in looking for call letters for the new on air station since a window had opened by the FCC to get a CP/and license, I saw this thing called WolfFM.com . The site was all about modified pop and old classic rock music. Little of anything else, but it was a thought. The thing was created by a blind guy in a wheelchair, in a third floor apartment in Nashville. I thought if this guy can do it surly we can. Must be more talented folks in Nashville that knew how to design a streaming website, as try as we might I could not find even one web site designer that had any idea of the ABC’s of the process. Once again frustrated as hell, I called Steve Wolf creator of WolfFM.com and said how the hell do you do this? He directed me to an outfit in Oregon called Abacast.com . I made a phone call, they could create the site and stream for $4k. And host it and all for $250.00 a month. So the process began. So I tried to do it from my end, but they just assoon be talking Chinese, I had no idea of what I was doing. Still don’t.

Of course out of that came in 2010 when I brought Dixie Diesel Radio aka Hazzard County Radio, and AyreWolf Warbird Radio, together as HazzardAyre. By the way, still looking for someone on the planet preferably here in the region, that can come here to Ogden Utah, and put the equipment and all the rest of the proper infrastructure together, so we can finally launch in October this year.

However that all is a subject for a different time but relates to the need for the female model stuff so that we can have some great cover shots for the site. That all said, what I saw on my Cyber flyover on Wolffm.com was, Wolffm.com is still silent except for a bit of pale paste up’s and not much more. My thought is now, if his is sleeping, before it awakes, let’s us as a club, kick some ass, and not only launch one but two streaming sites, and then have them converge at certain time periods, like HazzardAyre Radio. We’ve been kicking this can down the road for nearly 9 years now, its time to fire this byrd up. Which if you want to remember was the ignition of the fyre that brought me from Idaho to Utah. The radio gig is part of it of course, lack of quality internet , the lack of on air talent etc. The basic reason I moved here rather than just doing the office/studio for the radio gig is that I want to get back in the air not just be on the air. With one of if not the finest helicopter aviation schools in the nation, that teaches high mountain flying, Upper Limit Aviation, part of Salt Lake Community College here is my goal. But I have about 75 pounds to loose before I can train there. This means me dieting and all. I found a source for help on that in fact one that will be a talent here on air, but I came here mostly to fly. But since I can’t yet, I have time to spit and polish my toew truck and Wolf-Pup, and mainly get this gall darn radio thing going. I know he didn’t want named, but I wish Eli, would get in touch, (385)a new Utah area code by the flyway –206-8467 . Before the wolf in Nashville wakes up, let’s let the howl(I have my howl copyrighted) be heard, and re-energize AyreWolfFM.

TTYL

wynged sig wolvez wyngs


Quote of the Day:
Patience is the companion of wisdom.
--Anonymous
Psalm 62:7“My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
AYRETYMEZ MINI TAIL

AVI CLUB LOGOpleasent view tail

No comments:

Post a Comment