Monday, March 17, 2014

Midnight serenade

toew notesTBC COVER HEDDER

I must be one of the few that partly understand this stuff, but seems my Internet albeit not consistently is better from 23:00(11:00PM) to 03:00(3:00AM) then from 05:00(5:00AM) to 8:00 AM, thing works good, which would be tolerable if I was only paying 45 or $50.00 a month. But if I’m paying near $300.00 a month premium prices, my service better have a helluva lot more horsepower, or Comcast can kiss this contract adios, and for once its NOT MY FAULT. I thought the rebuild of the cable system in Utah at least Comcast service area was over, and that the throttle could be mashed to gain a lot more octane. Guess I was wrong.

Oh sure SpeedConnect and a few others I have tried before have drop offs and slow web page bite rates. But your only paying $50.00 a month. It’s to be expected. But when your paying for a phone service, that does not work, and Internet that we count on to support and supply programming, censored and all, Yes Comcast censors things. if it’s a thing of NBC/Universal, say goodbye to being able to download it. Comcast wont let you, no matter if you do spend upwards of $500k a year to be able to do so in copyright and performance tariffs. Comcast says nope. Now then I heard about Degis or Digis on the radio doing a wide load pilot run for A1 while back, but was then looking at Utah, but it was going up to Idaho, one evening from home here in Ogden, and heard the ad by Digis or Degis, and thought I’d look into it. Of course Internet Web ads never tell you the whole story, but at least one of their people is willing to come here, sit down and talk about what we need. Laura is good, but as yet nobody from Comcast has came to have a sit down pow wow. Considering a multi thousand dollar a month account hangs in orbit here. Think this, by June-July ground will be broken just slightly west and north of West-Haven Utah, part of Ogden, to begin construction of a fully state of the art facility for and by Confederate Steele Media. Not just a radio or TV station, but a full media center. To be one of the few if not only direct satellite uplink, systems in the Mountain West. Which means just about every TV and Radio, hell even Comcast itself will be piped through this system. Yes Our very own nearly pipeline. A minimum of 1,000 computers , digital switching systems etc will be housed here, all contributing to the Knytes-of-Anarchy’ cash stash, through user fees. Of course HazzardAyre Radio, and DixieAyre TV, will be the flagships of this multi million dollar center. Employing nearly 2,000 plus employees. And which Internet service provider will I choose or recommend to the Knytes’ High Council ? That depends on how well Comcast gets the bugs out of my system, and/or how fast Degis, comes and see’s me to service our tiny station studio here at the Wolf’s Lair(my house) and the dependability of that service, and giving me what we’re paying for. It’s not the $300.00 a month, if its WORTH $300.00 a month, but when it fails to perform, then its time to look elsewhere.

Now the reason the flow through this pipeline is better not perfect but better at night is, fewer people online in the neighborhood, The fact my neighbors TV-etc Cable is in the same box, you’d think that the guy since he had to go pole climbing the other day would have gave me my own box, ran new wire, without possible inner core breaks being less, perhaps fiber optic, to my outlet. but The young man doing the installation did not do that. Then rather than let me do the load up, the young man starts messing with my MY computer. First he did not understand that me being a south paw the buttons are switched. What everyone clicks left for I click right and vice versa. He did not figure that out. Thus I had to fix that problem. Then rewire the entire thing up to the box, myself. I’m glad the install was free. Since I did it myself. Its not that I’m smarter than anyone, its that I have an Idyllic mind. In essence I remember everything that I read, see, watch or am exposed to. Since I have seen countless cable and all installs, but I know you don’t run one wire for a broadcast feed through a splitter for a phone interface box, you run one wire to the box for internet and one wire to the phone box, and/or cable TV, as did Comcast did once in Tooele years ago when this system was more prehistoric than it is now. I had throughput problems there, then we ran two wires, through a new box, guess what? Shit cleared up.  This is only part of it, to be able to stream to the high def quality that our audience will require and demand, it better going up near 30 megs and coming down at least at 80 megs. If it ain’t we’re in trouble.

Over the last few days , just been running tapes of older shows on HazzardAyre. Thing is if that’s what I wanted to do, I’d have just stayed in Idaho, until after the centers construction. I was telling Keith one of our members, that if the stress don’t slow down, or get reduced, I’m going to end up having a heart attack. Dig this, the guy at the Layton office of Comcast, would not even do a search to see if the number 9653 was available. For those not in the know, 9653 on the phone dial spells the word WOLF, and was hoping we could keep intact those numbers here. Guess I need Erin, our Nurse GoodBody to look for that for me. If she can do that in Jerome Idaho, you’d think the wiz kids at Comcast could do that as well.

Any mile gotta hit the air, then get up, one of Comcast’ Wiz kids is supposed to be here, at 11:00 hours, wouldn’t it be cool if Matt from Digis showed at the same time, hooked us up and made Comcast look purple?

As I close, in my next edition, apologies to Idaho, and the people a IDH&W .

TTYL

aHazzardAyre Short hedderCLUB M,E


Quote of the Day:
Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.
--W. Clement Stone
Romans 15:13“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
hazzardayre radio billboard pleasent view tail

No comments:

Post a Comment