Saturday, March 15, 2014

As much as some things change they really don’t.

HIGHWAY HOOKER JOURNAL HEADERtoew bros journal

A new day in Ogden. Yesterday was pretty good considering. My only bitch right now is Comcast. I know your asking , isn’t there one of these outfits that pleases you? Answer, yes , but it too was limited, the up was too weak, the down could not support the music stream, but SpeedConnect albeit for basic internet is a great service. Too bad Laura don’t work for them. Shyt SpeedConnect held off pulling the plug on me until just before I left two weeks ago. That was with a slight balance left over that’s done been paid, but through my heart attack, the stress of this relocation and trying to align that with keeping some of our operation in Idaho. Not the club’s operation, mine. Need to keep things going toewing and flying, after all gotta eat. Sure as hell can’t do that without the old sweat and grease of working. I started what now reins in three states as thee legend of ALL toewing services, still owned and operated by the same person who started it, namely me. With 45 trucks running and all we keep the hammer down. Same thing goes for HCC over in Burley we’re still carving out trick trikes and stretched Harley’s and Nortons that’s right that British brand that few want to remember. Wish someone would revive that nameplate. The reason I say this is, that the reason our company is still running even with, the poor Obamabeenlyin Yankee economy, is that all parts of DixieWolf Toewing, and the only reason Dixie Toewing was modified and that’s only been three months ago, was to keep us from being confused with another service out of HotLanta. The reason we are still doing our thing going toewing is in 1978 I took the morals and teachings of my Mom and Dad, along with those southern Christian ideals that I was taught, and I did and still do what I’ll say I will do. Take blame for when I screw the pooch, like this move here to Ogden. In fact Utah, and this Comcast mess. Granted I know Laura did her best for us, kept the install op alive for three months even with multiple delays, but looking at it now after only a week, I wish I had stayed put in Tweaker Flatts, stomached at least 5 more months of solidarity of community and funding for the radio gig, and just set up the office here. Oh well, can’t fix that now or can I? That in a minute. But the reason we are alive as a company and for all that matters the club, is a severe Marine dedication to accomplish the task, at all costs the way it was designed to. Not hand it off , after the sale. If I sell something be it a service job at the shop, a new trike whatever it is I make sure that the customer is satisfied, if they are great, if not I never just hand it off saying that’s not my department, I stay in it, and discuss with my vendors etc the problems with products, or my employees, do you know that DixieWolf employs 1,000 people? Between both AyreWolf Aviation and DixieWolf Toewing which is an amalgamation of Dixie and AyreWolf. DixieWolf Toewing is even registered with Dunn & Bradstreet. There is no hand off and I take full responsibility, for every screw up. The reason in case your asking is why am I on SSA as well as no phone. The phone thing is my malfunction. Sure I could ask the bean counters to send me a new one or money to fix the back bill of $100.00 but it was me ignoring the cell bill in anticipation of the move here. So it MY responsibility to fix it. Likewise, Mom & Dad were careful not to allow the family owned empire to be financially ran by me, there is a board of directors, two attorney’s and a final dispense person, which was Charlie. Now Dan. Yes there is a time I can do it on my own with a few stipulations, One I be married for at least two years and stay put somewhere, grow some roots then I’d have full control. Since only one of those have been attained the staying put, not the marriage, can’t find anyone willing to put up with my wyld personality. As well as continuous money management. Which I’m none too good at. But if its my problem, I own up to it. If it ain’t I want someone's ass . Just because something says or someone says their product is the best gall darn thing in the land don’t mean it is. Like Charlie, he sold me the General JaXson. Jax is in there to honor Jax Teller aka SOA. But Charlie sold me this Subaru, a bit overpriced, and yes its got problems, some of the reason, I buy these old POS, is simple the powers that be, knows if they bought me something new I couldn’t leave it alone. Its got to have a name and personality. So rather than risk that the powers that be buy me things that barely run, thereby I learn how to fix newer rides, with newer tech and not risk a customer being pissed and suing.

So I went out to my friend at First Stop Auto, in Layton. Brian, gave me a solid handshake, told him my problem, and as luck has it getting a good battery for my style of driving for way under the going price. That relationship has not changed. Thinking that the new Layton interchange had messed up things. Of all the business’s that had to move and all to accommodate that new interchange, First Stop didn’t. It’s called a reputation, of a solid company .

The relationship I have with the local Highway Patrol and area law means while not immune from anything, means a turn of the back or look the other way at many things that most would get a ticket for.

Now if I can just fix Comcast. It’s not bad, but I have to double click everything, to get a web page to load, Comcast does not play nice with Google Chrome, but wont even load Win-7’s IE. Add to that the phone feature I bought into wont work, even swapping in and out phones. Nobody is going to tell me that Comcast does not have an expert in IT Tech that could come to our home-Studio/office and either rectify things with the set up, or give me Business cable-TV with a good package with what would be called the expanded basic package, in exchange for the phone system that don’t work, and we go get another phone vendor provider. The only reason I need a landline is to pipe that into the radio board to take interview and listener calls. Otherwise I’d stick to my Cell phone. So I gave it till May, if its fixed great if not, there’s an outfit here that’s similar to SpeedConnect, that I’ll work into the mix.

Enough for now, I’m getting off air now as the radio show is near over. Doing our Southern lecture series last night into early morning. Teaching these northern Yankee’s how they screwed the pooch.

TTYL

TOEW BROS GOLDEN WYNGZ my blog sig_thumb


Quote of the Day:
Adversity attracts the man of character. He seeks out the bitter joy of responsibility.
--Charles de Gaulle
Acts 4:10,12“then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.””

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
BURST SIG

imagesCAUZLO4ZXD TAILS

No comments:

Post a Comment