Tuesday, February 25, 2014

When greed outweighs liberty

XD COVER AYRELOG HEDDER

Lets get some internal stuff out of the way first.

Still waiting to hear from Laura and Comcast on install date. I’m patient, but the who that I’m with on a connection here in Idaho with ain’t. While I’m connected would be a great time to get this hashed out.

I’m confident Laura will get it done, but even she might have her limitations. She is but one in a vast major company. But again I’m confident she will pervail.

Now then, I caught a thing from Crown Royal , on the idea of renaming the BrickYard 400 NASCAR Race after a real hero. My only conclusion and nominee is of course one of the greatest military aviators of all time, that being , Col. Greg, Boyington aka Pappy, who founded the VMF214 BlackSheep. images (3)Who better than he to get some recognition even 3 decades? I mean Pappy, nearly if not completely single handily won the air war over the South Pacific of WWII , not to mention the squadron he founded that still flies today as the VMA214 based out of MCAS Arizona.

With a movie and a TV show that did little to tell their story the squadron are reserved in telling their story. I am proud to call myself a BlackSheep, but that said, and F Scott Fitzgerald and Pappy said, just find me a hero, I’ll prove he’s a bumb, still Pappy is one. If NASCAR is all that much a Patriotic organization and Crown Royal would like to name a race of a real person that made the difference between us eating with a fork rather than chopsticks, it is Pappy. pappy_storiesFew did more, than Pappy, and few have been more ignored than Pappy. It’s time somebody not just the AyreWolvez, of which 80% of our membership are pilots of both 214 squadrons, there needs to be some kind of recognition. Oh and Idaho you missed, Pappy was born here in Idaho. But then Idaho is a bit stupid.

 images So friends, write letters to the people at Crown Royal, a beverage that Pappy loved, as well as NASCAR, and tell em , that if they want to name the race at the Brickyard after somebody really worth the title of Hero, name it the Pappy Boyington 400. The time is now.

Taking a day off to rest, doing packing and cleaning, hope Laura calls very soon today.

TTYL

 

UNIT225pxVma214amcas-vmf214-patch

No comments:

Post a Comment