Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Playtime is over , time to get serious, my health depends on it.

new blog coverWOLFS HOWL HEDDER

A few weeks ago my dear friend and bean counter Charlie, asked me why I was so serious about moving to Utah. I really could not say why because of the way Charlie’s better half hates anything to do with the club, its projects and especially HazzardAyre.

In its infancy all previous attempts at full on air momentum at least here in Idaho concerning the clubs radio operations have fell flatter than a slip piston inside of a V-Twin. The ability to pipe in our music from one satellite spot, upload it through another, and keep a strong signal on air 24/7 with someone to pilot or co-pilot the thing, has been for the lack of a better word challenging. Many people here don’t mind tuning into racy hot radio, be it Howard Stern, us here at HazzardAyre or some other, its quite another to try to convince others especially women to get on air, particularly if the studio due to lack of resources is ran inside the Wolf’s Lair here,. It’s like don’t go in there as the rumors went.

We have had three good points of ignition here, all center in on the former thoughts, getting women on the damn air. Sure they’ll work at some what they think solid radio station here, not understanding funny shit can happen in their studios just as easy as here , but hey. The idea of a lady co-host is not new, from our origins of Joc Radio from Utah with the weather spotters being cb mamas calling in was one thing, but our main example is simple, Robin Quivers and Howard. Robin does news and is the straight person for Howards off beat comedy. It works. Which is what we wanted to do, but not in Twin Falls. No No, not here.

We cranked things up in Gooding , but tried taking on more people than we could digest. The only good outcome there was Erin, who has been very silent for the last two weeks. Considering her situation its not unusual. Gooding fell, reluctantly We moved things to Buhl, per Todd’s suggestion. After months found a office/studio that while making the budget tight, could have brought the radio thing to a boil.

Once more Charlie jumps in, impounds my hot Mustang, for no payment. Reason no payment, Bud my cousin and bean counter in Utah then was in the hospital. My second cousin Shar was taking care of it and had just sent out the funds, that arrived 30 days after Charlie took back my Mustang, I loved that car, I’ve tried to put that behind me, but friends don’t do that to friends. Hurt, I moved to Burley, on the promise of a taxi cab/motel owner giving the idea of a combination tow service taxi operation a whirl. Ultimately he got a lot of my money and I got the shaft, but at least the radio station was just at the threshold to ignite. But I got the fever, found a shop that was within budget, through which Charlie made a helluva lot of money of two acres of cars to be scrapped. What did I get? $100.00 and a thank you. Had I shut up and ran those cars to Pacific steel myself, I could have made after fuel, $1500.00 or more. So after utilities kicked my ass moved into the Powers Motel, but that didn’t last long for reasons I’ll shut up about. The major problem, a gal who puts herself out as a for hire payee, for SSI, and other Federal funds. This would have been good, except she kept paying the wrong people the wrong amounts, and making me damn near starve. I finally had enough, and to save money, moved into one of the shops I rented. However the radio op, came to a standstill, and I damn near said no more radio. But God has ways of putting things in our hands to move us to future blessings. I picked up this magazine for talk radio, over time, I decided with a real push from Todd to move into another paid for everything motel. So had a need for scrapping a mini van, so sent that to Jared, Charlie’s kid. He came over, paid the people, and took the mini van. Did I get a thank you or even a finders fee? No. This happened 3 times. Jared now owes me $150, if we go off a $50.00 finders fee. I’ll never see that but again hey. $75.00 if we go off a $25.00 per unit finders fee.

So needed a couple of scrap tires, came over, asked Charlie if he’d be the bean counter since the puss in Blackfoot was too young to be doing that for me, Charlie said yes, only on the condition, of me moving back to Twin Falls. I did. Which meant going toewing got put on hiatus and reignite the radio idea. From the word get go, Charlie’s other half Jenn was pissed at recruiting women for interns. Like Charlie said today, hustling gals, if all I was doing was hustling girls for personal please sure, a fast trip in Wolf-Pup, and a few hours at Miss Donna’s would have been much nicer. And would not have been as expensive. Considering the personal money I have sunk into HazzardAyre for a year and nearly a half, I wouldn’t have been able to walk out of Miss Donna’s.

However, Ricky one of the founding members of the Knytes and all went on a run to haul a big payloader to Vernal Utah. At first I was amazed at the advancements, and I started looking at the prices of things to rent there, much less for twice as much. Ricky said you really need to move here, meaning Utah since I had really nothing going here in the valley of my birth.

The selling points was the nice gal at Comcast that made sure I got what I need , and nothing more, but in such a sweet helpful attitude, low costs on facilities, like only $175.00 a month in a really grand office complex, and snagging a good place to live and all the delays, they stuck with me.

As of next week this time I’m there in Ogden. Its now time to get very serious.

The dancing around, and just emails and phone calls is over. We have the best chance of success that we as a club have had to make what is HazzardAyre Radio, and Confederate Steele Media happen.

It means, Eli, Richie and any and all that have been circling the field to land and lets get busy. If Eli, Richie and others are not comfortable in jumping in fully, there are others there in Utah that WILL. People I have known for years, two engineers that used to work for KSOP and KSL, are ready to jump in once I’m settled next week. But I keep my word, so I’m throwing out the invite to Eli and Richie and everyone else that was gun shy, now's the time to jump in. If you snooze, you loose.

More in the AM, getting ready for our test hop at 01:00(1:00 AM) on XM.

TTYL

AYREHEAD SIG1hazzardayre business card


Quote of the Day:
We're lucky poodles migrate south.
--Al
1 John 4:9“This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.
hazzardayre radio logo

AVI CLUB LOGOXD TAILS

No comments:

Post a Comment