Saturday, February 15, 2014

Don’t ya’ll wish you had the money people make off of something you started?

XD1HHTR

I wish I had a dollar for every small idea that I thought of that would make a company name or the next thingamabob gadget.

Case n point, when my XYL was looking for something to simulate walking up and down stairs after she had my last wolf pup, I decided to nail together some 2X4’s in escalating progression of four. This worked for her exercising . Of course this became the stair-stepper, that was made famous by that dumb blonde from Three’s Company. Then came another great idea, put two car buffing pads on short staffs welded to the output of an electrical motor. This is a shoe buffer, but I never ever copyrighted or patented it.

Of course the biggest one is when I was looking to establish the company handle to light the candle for me going towing, back in 1978, I looked at many. Took the first one, of the initials from my CB handle at the time, Diesel Kid, and put up DK Towing. wasn’t hot enough, needed advertising, even then local advertising was expensive.

Then I saw that T shirt my friend Tommy N Thompson did up for TNT Towing of Boise. A cartoon silhouette of a light duty tow truck, a street walker standing between and a heavy duty tow truck. The tag on the shirt? Our Hooker’s Handle All Sizes. I thought now that’s catchy. So went home and as of this point hadn’t collided with Hazzard County, so played with two other company handles, until one day I was walking up the road with the latest edition of Overdrive when they featured tow truck of the month. In there was a white Peterbilt 359 Conventional from some outfit in Texas called the Happy Hooker.

It wasn’t too long after that , that I heard one day some freight hauler say , watch out ya’ll got a hooker working on the side of the road. And of course when I called in my fave chili recipe to the JOC radio that became part of the Dixie Diesel Radio Network, but any how I stated that my company was called Highway Hooker Toewing. And that was where it started.

Up to now I hadn’t seen much in the way of copying or duplication, one guy out of MHI did it to a rollback, and I’ve been seeing it on On The Hook on my FaceBook page ,but if I had a buck, for everytime I see that, knowing I should be paid royalties for the use of the cb slang term for tow truck and remembering the headache I got, from one small Wyoming town that never could connect the dots on that, I think damn, rake out the bucks everytime you use my company name.

Been up 48 hours, catching some sleep.

TTYL

HIGHWAY HOOKER SIGsign off


Quote of the Day:
A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again.
--Jay Leno
1 John 4:10“This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.

hazzardayre business card HHT LOGO 1

knyte tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment